Zucchini Pappardelle with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 4 - 6 medium zucchini (or other summer squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup crushed or pureed tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- 1 tablespoon chervil, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Trim zucchini ends and slice zucchini lengthwise into very thin strips (a mandolin works wonderfully for this).
- Place the oil in pan over high heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and scallions, and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini and sautée, tossing to keep from burning, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pureed tomatoes and the cherry tomatoes, until it begins to simmer.
- Add fresh herbs and remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss with feta cheese.