- 1 pound of linguine
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 ounce can of anchovy fillets with their oil
- 1/4 cup of Italian (flat-leafed) parsley, minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra crushed red chili flakes
Cook the pasta al dente and drain, reserving a cup of cooking water.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sautée all of the ingredients, except for the parsley and salt.
Use a spoon to break up the anchovies until they blend into the oil.
Toss the cooked pasta in the skillet along with the parsley and add salt to taste if needed.
Add some of the reserved pasta cooking water if the pasta seems dry.
Plate the pasta and serve with freshly grated Parmesan and extra crushed red chili flakes.