Pasta with Del Cabo Cherry Tomatoes, Basil, Lemon, and Clams
- 12 ounces spaghettini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pint del Cabo cherry tomatoes (any variety!), halved
- 3 6-ounce cans chopped clams, drained, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; return to same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; sauté until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add drained clams and basil; stir 1 minute.
- Add clam sauce, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and lemon juice to pasta.
- Toss over medium-high heat until heated through, adding reserved clam juices by 1/4 cupfuls if pasta is dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.