Sticky Fingers Chicken Wings
- 2-3 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed and wings cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 small dried red chiles
- 2 whole star anise
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges
- In a very large skillet cook the chicken wings over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add
- Add ginger, chiles, star anise and cinnamon, stirring at a moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, mirin, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the wings are cooked through and the sauce has reduced to a thick glaze, about 8 minutes.
- Discard chiles, star anise and cinnamon.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a platter, sprinkle the scallions on top and serve with lime wedges.