Seeking a New Addition to the Operations Team!
Jacobs Farm del Cabo has been farming great tasting, organic, socially responsible food for over 30 years. We are a diverse, multicultural company rooted in the communities we work and grounded in great people.
This is a full-time position based in either our South San Francisco or Los Angeles Warehouse.
The Jacobs Farm del Cabo (JFDC) Logistics Manager is a key leadership position managing a large number of processes and JFDC company interactions. The LM coordinates the transport of loads of bulk and packed products to their end destinations either warehouses, packing facilities, or customers. The LM negotiates the rent, purchase, maintenance, and monitoring of all JFDC transport units. The LM is responsible for customs entries of both bulk product and customer deliveries. The LM monitors routes, efficiency, performance, and scheduling of drivers.
The initial focus will be on North America logistics and eventually extend into the management of JFDC logistics movements and analysis in Mexico. The LM manages vendor and customer relationships assisting both Finance and Sales teams with freight and chargeback analysis. The LM coordinates the import, export, shipment, transfer of all packing materials, supplies, machinery, and equipment. The LM acts as the liaison for JFDC with various governmental entities in both the USA and Mexico.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Analyze the current status of JFDC logistics and propose improved systems and processes. Coordinate the flow of information and requirements across multiple teams.
- Planning, ordering and securing arrivals of materials to requesting areas. Working with designated responsible persons at geographic locations.
- Coordinate cross border movement of materials USA-Mexico-USA.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coordinate drivers.
- Maintain overall responsibility for drivers, tasks, planning, and evaluation.
- Work with existing teams to ensure optimally efficient delivery routes, scheduling, and efficient usage of trucking/transportation units.
- Analyze JFDC opportunities regarding potential JFDC owned and operated Trucking and routes.
- Design effective communications tools to allow the Logistics team to provide excellence in customer service internally for JFDC and externally for our vendors and partners.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Mexican and USA customs clearance procedures.
- Preferred knowledge and business experience with operating a truck transport entity.
- Inventory Management
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in personnel management, organizational development, warehouse control, purchases, imports-exports, customs, and foreign trade laws, in addition to transport and logistics.
- 8 years minimum experience